Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned position The incumbent will report to the Finance Manager and will be based at Head Office
- Degree in Accounting / Finance / Banking
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
- A professional qualification in Accounting i.e. (CIMA/ACCA/ CA/CIS).
- 5 years' experience in accounting field of which 2 must be at a senior level
- Accuracy with figures
- Good supervisory skills.
- High degree of initiative in the daily execution of duties.
- Knowledge in SAP Accounting Software.
- Excellent written, communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic management skills.
- High integrity.
- Self-driven and business sense
- Ability to work under pressure.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Participates in strategy and policy formulation
- Prepares budgets and budgetary control processes to ensure effective cost management.
- Consolidates departmental budget from sectional budgets.
- Monitors regional and departmental expenditures against their budgets.
- Recommends to departmental heads changes to production processes and operational activities to avoid budget overruns.
- Reviews and updates the product costing systems manual for GMB products and services.
- Authorises products costs reports to be submitted to other departments for use on a monthly basis
- Analyzes business operations, financial commitments, costs, revenues, and trends to develop projections for future revenue and expenses
- Prepares project investment appraisals and recommends acceptance or rejection criteria
- Decides on which projects to recommend for acceptance considering their funding requirementd and project performance.
- Reviews policies and procedures systems for Assets, Farmer Payments and Central Stored functions
- Develops and implement cost-effective financial policies and procedures, as well as mitigating financial risks.
- Prepares the monthly cost and management accounting reports with commentaries
- Assist with the preparation of year-end management and statutory accounts.
- Approves payments to GMB farmers and ensures that they are paid within the set time limits.
- Designs cost benefits analysis models for changes in Board's operation processes
- Organises periodic stock takes and prepares inventory reconciliations for all business locations.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to. firstname.lastname@example.org. Not later than 28 February, 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.