Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above mentioned post.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations at the National Number Plate Plant
- Develop and implement effective e-tracking systems and e-procedures to monitor efficiency of operations and productivity of the plant
- Ensure premises and assets are used effectively
- Manage inventory and supervise staff members who handle inventory, including ordering inventory when necessary
- Communicate with all stakeholders to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Plan track and manage imports and exports related to the Number Plates Production Plant' Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders etc.
- Manage and document loading bays, Dispatch Notes and Collection Orders for all Inward & Outward cargo.
- Implement health and safety procedures
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the Plant Manager
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelors or HND in Logistics, Business Management, or related field.
- A Master's degree in relevant field would be an added advantage
- At least five years' relevant experience with purchasing and supply, imports and exports handling and operation of plants and maintenance in related fields.
- Computer literacy
Requirements and skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, public relations and customer care, be creative with a logical and systematic approach to work
- Be able to work under pressure, balancing competing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Be able to solve problems and make decisions, track multiple processes, think laterally and offer creative solutions
- Have knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements related to manufacturing, imports and exports.
- Be computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software
How To Apply
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Six copies of applications, including a Curriculum Vitae, giving full personal particulars indicating full name, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone number and names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
Deputy Registrar, Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
PO Box MP 167
Or Hand delivered to the Administration Block, door number 113
Closing Date: 06 September 2022.
NB: Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.