This position supports the Logistics and Procurement Officer in inventory management, vehicle fleet management and procurement of goods and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive procured goods and recording and maintaining stock cards and issuing GRNs
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup by programme teams and facilities according to schedule (prepare issue vouchers and GRNs, load, pack, wrap, label, ship,)
- Monitoring stock levels, conducting weekly and monthly physical stock counts and assist in generating reports
- Ensure inventory is orderly stored according to set guidelines (stock cards, shelving, temperature)
- Ensure the warehouse and stores are secure, physically clean and have a safe working environment and optimise space utilization.
- Receiving, inspecting and verification of all incoming equipment, furniture and supplies and scheduling deliveries to users
- Monitor, with supervisory visits and documented spot checks, inventory storage and movement records of programme commodities at project supported facilities
- Preparation of weekly and monthly inventory reports
Vehicle fleet management
- Initiate fuel requests documentation and process for payment
- Issue /transfer fuel as approved
- Assist in supervision of drivers
- Assist in ensuring that logbooks are accurately completed and reviewed.
- Assist in compiling and maintaining vehicle fleet inventory
- Booking vehicles for service and tracking service schedules and delivery
- Assist in vehicle inspection
- Initial checking of driver logs, fuel use tracking and reconciliation, and driver trip reports for accuracy.
- Assist in producing monthly vehicle fleet reports
- Download vehicle tracking report, analyse and give reports
- Shall be the secretary of the Procurement committee and shall maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts, and correspondence on all procurements, following the ZACH procurement SOP
- Lead in compiling, maintaining, and reviewing a database of approved and registered suppliers including suppliers monitoring and evaluation
- Compile weekly and monthly procurement tracker reports and other reports as requested
- Tracking procurement documents for approvals, obtaining signatures on Purchase Orders and contracts and other relevant documents.
- Preparing requests for quotations, Comparative Bid Analyses and evaluations of offers through e.g. preparation of tabulation sheets, and assists in analysis of offers.
- Liaise and co-ordinates with the relevant departments/functions regarding delivery of supplies and keeps all parties informed of any changes in a timely manner.
- Develop and review the procurement plans for the project, including commodity quantification and distribution plans using correct assumptions and best practices.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to support efficient management of supplies for quality assurance and timeliness of deliverables including follow ups on invoicing and payments on time
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in logistics/Procurement/Supply chain management
- A Diploma in CILT/CIPS will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience and currently working in health commodities logistics, supply chain planning and management in NGO, private sector/ international organizations
- Knowledge and ability to work on electronic database and Logistics information management systems (LMIS)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity and credibility
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letters, CV indicating names & contacts of three professional referees and certified copies of qualification certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 November 2022
NB: The e-mail subject to clearly specify the position being applied for. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.