To plan, organise, coordinate and facilitate delivery of all sugar sales orders ranging from 400 000 to 450 000 tons per annum from the Triangle and Hippo Valley Estates Mills and Storage facilities to the various market destinations locally, regionally and globally.
Reports to: General Manager- ZSS
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with procurement on the transport requirements for moving sugar to the market.
- Manage the transport contracts whose key deliverables include truck availability, loading time, delivery time, state of consignment at point of delivery, quality and quantity delivered.
- Ensure timely allocation, loading, despatch and delivery of sugar into the domestic market as per sales order.
- Ensure processing of weekly transporter delivery schedules for payment.
- Liaise with ZSS Finance to purchase diesel in advance for timely logistical deliveries.
- Organise and coordinate with rail and road transporters for the supply of empty wagons and road trucks.
- Ensure timely preparation of export documentation [e.g. licenses and CDIs, customs clearance, bill of entry]
- Manage sugar distribution costs in line with budget
- Compliance with all SHE policies
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum five  years' experience in a logistics role
- A first degree in Transport and Logistics / Supply Chain & Logistics or equivalent
- A Masters degree in Business Administration or Commerce would be an added advantage
- A mature team player capable of working under pressure.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in ICT
- Results driven
How to Apply
In pursuit of affirmative action towards gender-based equal opportunity employment, eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. Applications with a CV, certified educational certificates, and qualifications should be submitted to: Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 December 2022.
NB: Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted lf you do not hear-from us in 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualifications of applicants.