FACT seeks the services of a Livelihoods Field Officer detailed below;
Reports to: Project Coordinator District: Buhera Project Summary: FACT‘s livelihood project intends to empower young people in rural wards of Buhera district with opportunities for livelihood initiatives, self-employment and capacitating them with business management skills. Young people will be involved through a participatory approach to decide on livelihood interventions that suit them most, with the support of church and community leaders through the church and community transformation (CCT) process. The livelihood activities will largely focus on improving their farming/horticultural information and skills as well as other income-generating activities using the Self-Help Group approach. To minimize the effects of climate change, the project will adopt climate-sensitive farming methods such as minimum tillage, mulching, the use of renewable energy for drawing irrigation water, and the adoption of organic farming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The LFO will be responsible for the overall rollout of livelihood activities in selected wards of the district, ensuring project activities and milestones are well met.
- Work closely with relevant government ministries who will provide technical support during project implementation.
- Conduct Community mobilisation and training on farming/horticulture.
- Establish and monitor Self Help Groups.
- Develop project material and compile project reports and impact stories.
- Mobilise churches in the community to provide holistic ministry for their communities, through the church and community transformation (CCT) process.
- Supervise and should be able to work with community volunteers.
- Conduct monitoring and verification visits to project sites as well as update beneficiary database.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, agriculture economics, or any other related field from a recognized institution of learning.
- Specialized experience in working with savings groups.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in community development focusing on sustainable livelihood approaches, project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- The incumbent must demonstrate experience of working with caregivers, young people and the socially excluded members of the community.
- Exhibit strong analytic; computer and report writing skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team is essential.
- Must demonstrate sound training expertise and skills in a cross-cultural setting.
- The ability to ride a motorbike is an advantage.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=5zOk-8EoNUSQKYltgKUJTJnGC7ntRMpOtFNAuIjNfA1UNzROWUxOTkc5TFhEMFY2SjAwRzc0OEZBWS4u
Deadline: 12 March 2023