Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above-mentioned post.
Reporting To: The Printing Press Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing client requests to understand scope and parameters of print jobs.
- Determining quantities required for print job.
- Matching colors for print job per job request.
- Aligning and configuring machinery.
- Inspecting random production samples to evaluate quality of printings.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies needed to operate printing machines.
- rafting and submitting reports for daily production totals.
- aintaining a clean area around printing machinery.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- An HND or higher in Machine Printing from a recognised institution.
- Qualified and tested Artisan Class 1 (Journeymanship in Litho Printing) including apprenticeship (on-the-job training provided).
- Manpower Development Authority of Zimbabwe certified training and apprenticeship.
- 2 years related work experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn to operate various printing machines and related software.
- Accepts a zero tolerance policy to waste and mistakes-negligence is not accepted.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Vocational/technical school training preferred; on-the-job training provided.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- An ability to foster a collaborative approach to accomplishing tasks.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
Deadline: 09 December 2022.