Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above-mentioned post. Reporting to: the Director, UZ Press
This position is responsible for overseeing the printing process of University of Zimbabwe Press (UZ Press). The Printing Press Manager ensures that UZ Press print production stays on schedule, within budget and of a consistently high standard as well as managing other aspects of UZ Press’ print production needs, such as design services or copywriting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing employees by providing guidance and feedback on how to improve their performance.
- Ensuring that all projects are completed within budget and on schedule.
- Managing the workflow of the unit by scheduling employee shifts, monitoring quality control, and ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Developing relationships with suppliers to ensure the unit’s production schedule demands are met.
- Coordinating with marketing staff to plan promotional materials and campaigns to increase brand and service awareness in the market (internal and external).
- Leading efforts to complete production projects.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and materials needed to complete projects.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient use of print machinery.
- Ensuring collaboration between different staff in different departments.
- Developing new business.
- Recommending changes and improvements.
- Superior organization to complete all tasks on time.
- Effective communication (written, spoken, digital).
- A high level of creativity and attention to detail.
Qualifications and Experience
- An HND or higher in Machine Printing from a recognised institution.
- Qualified and tested Artisan Class 1.
- Certified Manpower Development Authority of Zimbabwe 4 year apprenticeship.
- A relevant qualification in management.
- 5 years’ experience, with traceable references, preferably in a commercial printing (books and stationary) environment is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a management capacity.
- Demonstrable leadership and collaborative skills a must.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest printing technology used in printing and production to ensure the quality of the final product.
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach with an ability to foster a
- collaborative approach to accomplishing tasks.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
Deadline: 09 December 2022.