Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above-mentioned post.
Reporting to Librarian, the Deputy Librarian-Research and Learning, will be responsible for ensuring excellence in the design of library teaching and learning programmes, research, innovation and industrialisation of University knowledge outputs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the delivery of the University-wide Module on Information and Digital Skills
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the Library Module for Postgraduate Students
- Coordinate Library support to research, innovation and industrialisation ecosystem
- Coordinate the delivery of research support services to Faculties and Research groups
- Coordinate the training of clients and Library staff
- Coordinate the purchase and subscription of information resources that support the delivery of the Heritage-based Education 5.0
- Develop systems to promote and track the uptake and utilisation of knowledge outputs from the University of Zimbabwe by government, industry and society
- Coordinate and develop proposals for fundraising and grant proposal for the Library
- Conduct staff performance management
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the University Librarian.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or any other relevant equivalent qualification.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant post-qualification experience at senior management level in a University or research library environment.
- Possess skills and competencies in the delivery of Information and Digital Skills.
- Demonstrate innovativeness and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess knowledge about the policy and regulatory framework and environment that guide the higher education sector in Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
Deadline: 09 December 2022.