Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned position which has become vacant in the Chamber Secretary Department.
Department: Chamber Secretary
Reporting To: The Chamber Secretary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor of Law Honours Degree (LLB) from a reputable institution.
- Admission to practice and membership to the Law Society of Zimbabwe or other recognized prerequisite.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- A clean criminal record.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advising Council and Management on legal and corporate governance matters.
- Preparing compliance reports on all laws that govern the organization's operations.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and other legal documents, on behalf of Council.
- Representing Council in litigation cases in all courts of law and other matters where legal representation may be required
- Drafting and filing of court process on behalf of Council.
- Drafting By-Laws, Policies, Manual of Procedures Standing Orders and Standard Operation Procedures.
- Analyzing judgments and advising Council of their implications and providing legal advice on the course of action to be taken.
- Liaising with and instructing external legal practitioners to represent Council where necessary
- Researching and providing legal opinions on issues affecting the Council's operations and making recommendations to internal clients
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chamber Secretary.
- Should be highly knowledgeable in commercial, criminal and labour laws of Zimbabwe.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations relative to work situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle confidential information.
- Honest, reliable and responsible.
Remuneration In return Council offers:
- A competitive salary
- Generous leave days
- Contributory Pension and Medical Aid
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit detailed CVs with certified copies of qualifications to the Office of The Chamber Secretary not later than Friday 13 January 2023.
City Of Gweru
Civic Centre Gardens
Corner Robert Mugabe Wayand 8th Street
P.O. Box 278 Gweru
V.D Chikwekwe Acting Town Clerk