To ensure that Econet Wireless’ legal matters are managed properly, efficiently and that the relevant and respective stakeholders are given proper advice and guidance.
- Provides inputs into the Departmental OPEX budget.Reviews and identifies legislation that the company has to comply with.
- Ensures that Econet Wireless complies with legislative framework that affects the organisation’s operations.
- Ensures that the various departments are complying with the requisite legal obligations through ad hoc departmental audits.Researches on legal matters in various areas i.e. Labour Legislation, Telecoms regulations, SHE regulations, legislation, Private Voluntary Organisations Legislation, Energy sector regulations etc.
- Meets divisional heads and departmental heads and discuss regulatory concerns from their operations and advise on the legal implicationsResearches on what is happening in other jurisdictions and use the information to guide the business on how to operate in line with international trends, and/or best practicesReviews, drafts and negotiates agreements.
- Proactively proffers advice to the business in order to avoid litigationPrepares briefs for and works with external counsel on all matters handed over for litigation.
- Secures company intellectual and proprietary rights through registration of all trademarks and patents.
- Checks and monitors the implementation of the budget, identifies variances, and assist Legal Counsel in developing an action plan to address the variances;Advises on the Business Policies and Procedures to ensure that these are being observed in line with both local laws and International practices.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in
- LawRegistered Legal PractitionerA Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- 4-6 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://recruitment.econet.co.zw/job/legal-manager-x1/