Applications are invited from suitable candidates to be considered for appointment to the post of Legal Advisor and Company Secretary at a Group of Companies comprising of three (3) related companies in the real estate, telecommunications and agro- chemicals sector. ('the Group")
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide secretarial services to the Boards. Committees and Shareholders including convening the meetings. preparation of agenda and papers as well as drafting of minutes and extracting resolutions thereafter;
- Provide legal advice to the Boards. management and staff on matters of corporate law and ethics in compliance with good corporate governance principles:
- Maintain the corporate governance framework and ensure compliance across the Group:
- Draft/Update company documents such as the Memorandum & Articles, CR6. CRS. Annual Returns and lodge company documents with the Companies Registry:
- Coordinate the legal and compliance function of the Group companies' regional activities:
- Conduct research, review/draft legal documents including contracts:
- Prepare legal opinions for management. the Boards and Committees;
- Manage the Group's legal risk;
- Assist in management of outsourced legal services. issuance of instructions a. briefings to external legal services providers:
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations through the maintenance of a robust system for record keeping of all statutory documents, as well as a timely submission of returns to various designated offices and regulatory bodies and custody of the same:
- Ensure that the Group companies comply with all relevant legislation including industry specific laws; and
- Build professional stakeholder relationships.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Legal Practitioner with a minimum of eight (8) years' experience at a commercial law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Company secretarial experience.
- Understand the principles of Corporate Governance.
- Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the Group.
- Proficiency in researching, analyzing and logical thinking.
- Sound planning and organizing skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit an application letter together with a detailed curriculum vitae, saved as a single pdf file, to email@example.com by Monday 07th November 2022. The reference to be indicated on the email subject is "Legal Advisor and Company Secretary"