The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervise undergraduate and post-graduate students’ research projects.
- Teach at least five of the following modules: urban Planning and Design Studio; Geographic Information and Earth Observation I and II; Statistics for Planners; Introduction to Spatial Draughting; Computer Packages for Planning (Studio); Urban and Regional Economics; Urban Transport Management Systems; Planning Law and Land Administration; Fundamentals of Regional Planning; Planning Techniques and Research Methods;
- Attract and manage research grants;
- Participation in research activities.
- Participate in income generation projects
- Ability to innovate and facilitate service delivery
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must hold a master’s Degree in Urban and Rural/Regional Planning or cognate discipline, passed with merit or better.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Urban and Rural/Regional Planning or cognate discipline passed with a grade 2.1 or better, and a PhD in Urban and Rural/Regional Planning or cognate discipline would be a distinct advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: email@example.com.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.