The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervise undergraduate students’ research projects
- Supervise students on teaching practice
- Teach at least five of the following modules; Resources management; Seed Science and Technology; Post-Harvest and Value Addition; Irrigation and Drainage Systems
- Agricultural Biochemistry; Soil Science; Biometry; Microbiology and Entomology; Genetics Agricultural Marketing; Plant Breeding and Biotechnology
- Attract and manage research grants
- Participate in research activities
- Participate in income generation projects
- Ability to innovate and facilitate service delivery
- Participate in community engagement
- Any other duties as assigned to you by the Chairperson.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree in Agriculture/Ecology/Soil Science or in any related field passed with merit or better.
- A Bachelor of Education Degree in Agriculture/Bachelor of Education Honours Degree in Agriculture/Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Agriculture passed with a grade 2.1 or better, and a teaching qualification is a must.
- A PhD in Agriculture is a distinct advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: email@example.com.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.