The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervise undergraduate students’ research projects
- Lecturing the following undergraduate courses: Principles of Ecology and Biodiversity, Introduction to Wildlife and Aquatic Resources, Natural Resource Management, Forest Resources Management, Wildlife Management and Environmental and Natural Resources Law.
- Participate in community outreach activities
- Participate in income generation activities
- Conduct research
- Ability to innovate and facilitate service delivery.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree in Ecological Resources Management passed with at least a merit and a Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Natural Resources Management or Forest Resources and Wildlife Management passed with an upper second class (2.1) or better.
- A relevant PhD would be a distinct advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.