The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervise students’ research projects
- Teach modules with greater emphasis on digital technologies and their application in the media and communication industries, Theories and Approaches to Communication, Strategic Communication, Criticism and the Media and Sociology of News Production.
- Attract and manage research grants
- Participation in outreach activities within the communication services sector;
- Participation in income generation projects
- Innovate and facilitate service delivery.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree in Journalism, Media Studies, Communication Studies or related fields passed with merit or better, and a Bachelors Honours Degree in Language and Communication Studies or related fields passed at grade 2.1 or better with a track record of teaching, research and publications in refereed scientific journals.
- A PhD in Communication, Media studies or related discipline would be a distinct advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.