The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervise Post-graduate and undergraduate students’ research projects;
- Teach the following modules: film and Video Production Process and Business Operation, Television Production, Video Editing and Production Design;
- Attract and manage research grants;
- Participation in outreach activities for television and radio content production;
- Participation in income generation projects;
- Innovate and facilitate service delivery.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree in Film/Film and Television Studies/Visual Culture/Editing/Cinematography/Media and Performing Arts or cognate discipline, passed with a Merit or better, and a Bachelor’s Degree passed at grade 2.1 in Film and Theatre Arts with considerable practical experience in content production, teaching, research and a proven record of publications in referred scientific journals.
- A PhD in Film or related field will be a distinct advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: email@example.com.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.