The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervise undergraduate and post-graduate students’ research projects.
- Teach at least four of the following modules: Key concepts of climate change and sustainable development; Trans-disciplinary thinking and skills; Mitigation and adaption in theory and practice; Climate change and ecosystems services; Disaster geo-information and livelihoods; Climate disaster resilience and mitigation and management
- Attract and manage research grants
- Participation in research activities.
- Participate in income generation projects
- Ability to innovate and facilitate service delivery
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must hold a PhD in Climate Change, Disaster and Risk Management or cognate discipline, A Master’s Degree in Climate Change passed with a merit or better and a Bachelor of Honours Degree in Climate Change, Disaster Management, Natural Resource Management and Environmental Sustainability or related fields, passed with a grade 2.1 or better; with considerable teaching and research experience and a proven record of publications in refereed scientific journals.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: email@example.com.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.