Lupane State University The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following posts:
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
1.1 Department of Crop and Soil Sciences Temporary Fulltime (1 Year) Lectureship/Senior Lectureship/Associate Professorship/Professorship (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate should be able to supervise students’ research/ design projects and teach at least four modules in the following areas: Plant Pathology, Plant Physiology, Principles of Crop Production, Annual Crop Production, Perennial Crop Production, Fruit Production.
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research projects;
- Participating in outreach programmes related to Crop Production;
- Sourcing research funding for the Department;
- Conduct and publish research.
Qualifications And Experience
- Ideally, the successful candidate should possess a minimum of at least, a Master’s Degree in Crop Science or related field with a merit, and first degree in Crop Science with a class 2.1 or better.
- A PhD in Crop Science or related field and teaching experience at tertiary level will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should consist of the application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, transcripts and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.