Africa University, an International Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced international candidate to fill the following strategic position:
Lecturer/senior Lecturer/associate Professor/professor Social Work The lecturer will report to the Head of Department Social Work in the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education (CSSTHE). The Lecturer in Social Work's main role will be that of teaching and conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to innovation, industrialization and commercialization, in line with Education 5.0. This post is currently on offer to suitably qualified and experienced international candidates with the following competencies:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Teach Undergraduate, Master of Social Work courses and related courses, and supervise PhD candidates within the College.
- Develop and review curricula in Social Work and related fields.
- Conduct and publish applied research on social work and related areas in peer reviewed journals.
- Undertake advocacy and education awareness work on social work.
- Mentor, supervise and train students in Social Work promotion and policy development.
- Supervise students' research projects and dissertations.
- Engage in scholarly research academic activities in the broader fields of Social sciences/Social Work and related fields
- Promote public and outreach events in the integrated discipline of Social Work and related fields.
- Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and conferences in Social Work and related fields.
- Develop, write grant proposals and coordinate projects and programmes in Social Work/Child Rights and related fields.
- Attend and contribute in departmental and college meetings and University wide Committee meetings.
Qualifications And Responsibilities
- A doctoral degree in Social Work.
- A master degree in Social Work.
- An undergraduate degree in Social Work.
- Proof of registration/accreditation with a Social Work Regulatory Body.
- At least 5 years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level.
- Knowledge of and experience in human rights/humanitarian law and children's rights and the policy developments affecting social work professionals in the African context.
- At least 5 years of research experience in the broader fields of Social Work/Clinical Social Work, Psychosocial support and crisis counseling, Social Work in Prisons, Army the Police and Air force and related fields and demonstration of ability to contribute to the College's research and innovation profile.
- Good writing and analytical skills.
- Experience in grant writing and with links to the funding world.
- Experience in leading large complex multi-disciplinary disruptive, innovative and collaborative researches.
- Advocacy experience in the areas of social work and human/child rights will be an added advantage.
- Proven strong networking skills and links with the local, regional and international donor agencies.
- Be conversant with United Nations and regional institutions and instruments on Social Work issues.
- Experience of working with multi-lateral, government or non-governmental organisations.
- Ability to work as a team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Demonstration of knowledge of how gender and policy issues impact Social Work issues.
How To Apply
Applications together with copies of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their email, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 1 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.