APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED PERSONS FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL-TIME POSTS:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor and Professor are grouped into 5 main categories which are:
- Teaching – the incumbent is expected to teach or deliver lectures in accordance to the Department and or Faculty guidelines and standards.
- University Service and Community engagement – the incumbent should participate in all Department, Faculty/School and University activities such as attending meetings, training workshops, conferences and seminars, among others.
- Research – the incumbent is expected to engage in active research in his/her area of specialization which benefits both the students and the University.
- Innovations – leading to tangible products and services
- Industrialisation –through commercialisation of products
FACULTY OF NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT AND AGRICULTURE
Department of Agronomy and Horticulture
Post A. Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor – Plant Pathology (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate must be capable of supervising undergraduate students’ research work, assess students on Work Related Learning and teaching the following modules in Crop Protection.
- Plant Pathogen Biology and Ecology
- Plant Nematode Biology, Ecology and Management
- Management of Plant Pathogens
Qualifications And Experience
- BSc Honours in Agronomy/Crop Science/Horticulture or related field with at least a 2.1 pass
- MSc in Crop protection/Agronomy/Nematology
- PhD in Crop Protection or related discipline is an added advantage
- Evidence of published research in the relevant field is an added advantage
- Teaching experience at tertiary level will be an added advantage
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to the Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
The application pack should be sent as a single merged pdf file to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be labelled with the post being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 25 February 2022. Note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.