Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above vacancies that have arisen at Bindura University of Science Education.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Applicants must be able to teach at least four (4) courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level from the following: Environmental Management Systems; Ergonomics; Occupational Hygiene & Toxicology; Safety, Health and Environmental Auditing; Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and Safety, Health & Risk Management.
- The department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- To provide academic leadership to the Department, initiate, guide and contribute to basic and applied research in the Department;
- To contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialisation;
- To supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate students in their fields of specialization.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants should hold a Master’s Degree in Safety, Health and Environmental Management and;
- A BSc Degree in Safety, Health and Environmental Management or a related field;
- A PhD in a relevant field would be an added advantage;
- Applicants must have a minimum of one (1) year of tertiary level teaching or relevant industrial experience;
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilise funds will be added advantages;
- The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page number details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and names(s) of co-authors if any;
- Publications should be categorized into: books, monographs, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc.
How To Apply
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 22 August 2022.