Africa University, a Pan-African United Methodist - Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the abpve strategic position that have arisen within the College of Health, Agriculture and Natural Sciences:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head of Department, the Lecturer in Medical Microbiology is expected to teach students in the Medical Laboratory Science Programme, carry out innovative research that feeds into industrialization initiatives and engage in community outreach and innovation in line with Education 5.0
- Preparation, development and monitoring of effective and innovative learning and assessment materials.
- Teaching core courses in Medical Microbiology in the undergraduate Medical Laboratory Science programme.
- Innovative teaching and student assessment for taught courses.
- Supervising student projects and dissertations.
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Undertaking relevant research in communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Work with the department and College team in the development of innovative online teaching and learning programmes.
- Liaise with the health industry and other stakeholders regarding curricula, excursions, research and community empowerment projects.
- Conduct innovative research and commercialize the outputs in communicable and non-communicable diseases in line with the Education 5.0 thrust of Higher Education training.
Qualifications And Experience
- PhD or enrolled in PhD programme in Medical Microbiology.
- Master’s Degree in Medical Microbiology.
- First Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Registered or registerable with a recognized Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists’ Council.
- At least five years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level and/or industry.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student lab work.
- Mentoring students in conducting and publishing their own research work in peer-reviewed journals.
- A good record of research and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Evidence of successful participation in multi-disciplinary teaching and research.
- Commitment to the maintenance of high standards of ethical behavior among staff and students.
- Ability to mobilize resources through writing research and grant proposals independently.
- Ability to work as a team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Demonstrated record of academic leadership that will contribute to invigorating departmental instruction, curricular innovation and increased Departmental research productivity in line with the Education 5.0 thrust in Higher Education Training.
How To Apply
Applications together with copies of curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 08 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.