Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above mentioned posts. Faculty Of Medicine.
Duties and Responsibilities
Please note that the duties and responsibilities of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor and Professor are grouped into 5 main categories which are:
- Teaching – the incumbent is expected to teach or deliver lectures in accordance to the Department and or Faculty guidelines and standards.
- University Service and Community engagement – the incumbent should participate in all Department, Faculty/School and University activities such as attending meetings, training workshops, conferences and seminars, among others.
- Research – the incumbent is expected to engage in active research in his/her area of specialization which benefits both the students and the University.
- Innovations – leading to tangible products and services
- Industrialisation –through commercialisation of products
- The candidate should be proficient in teaching Medical Microbiology to undergraduate and postgraduate Medical Students. Proficiency in teaching at least two (2) of the following disciplines: Bacteriology; Virology; Mycology; Parasitology.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Medical Microbiology/ Medicine.
- Masters degree in Microbiology.
- PhD will be an added advantage.
- Eligible to register with one of the relevant health professions councils.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to the Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
The application pack should be sent as a single merged pdf file to email address: email@example.com. The subject line should be labelled with the post being applied for.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
Deadline: 03 March 2023