Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above mentioned vacancies that have arisen at Bindura University of Science Education.
Duties And Responsibilities
- The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Teach at least six (6) of the following courses: Data structure and Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming Languages (C,C++,C#, Java, Python etc.), Web programming (ASP,JSP,PHP,node.js etc), Visual Programming, Computer Graphics, Artificial intelligence, Mobile App Development, Cloud Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Security, Managing Networks and Hardware, PC maintenance and Hardware, DevOps, Internet of Things, and Technopreunership.The Department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- Provide academic leadership to the Department, initiate, guide and contribute basic and applied research in the Department;
- Contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialisation;
- Supervise research individual and group projects for second and final year students;
- Initiate innovative projects for the department
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must be holders of a PhD or a Masters Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- PhD holders will be appointed as Permanent Full Time Lecturers while Masters holders will be appointed on Temporary Full Time basis
- Applicants must also be holders of both Masters and a Bachelors (Honours) Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Information Technology or equivalent passed with at least a Merit at Master level and an Upper Second (2.1) Class for Undegraduate degree
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years University teaching experience
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds will be added advantages
- The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page numbers details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and name(s) of co-authors if any. Publications should be categorized into: books, monographs, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 12 September 2022.