Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/ Professor in Agricultural Engineering Reporting to the Dean, the holder of this position in Agricultural Engineering is expected to spearhead teaching, research, transformative innovation and community service in applied Agricultural Engineering.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Teaching agricultural engineering and technology courses to both undergraduate, graduate and post graduate students.
- Develop teaching materials for various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in agricultural engineering, farm machinery and mechanisation, water and irrigation management, food processing and related fields.
- Spearhead competitive research grant applications.
- Work with the department and College team in the development of online programmes.
- Supervise undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate research work.
- Develop and implement outreach programmes with Agricultural Engineering solutions in support of all categories of farmers (smallholder and large scale commercial farmers) to improve the profitability of agricultural enterprises.
- Liaise with industry and other stakeholders regarding curricula, excursions, research and community empowerment projects.
- Conduct innovative research and commercialise the outputs in line with the Education 5.0 thrust of Higher Education training.
Qualifications And Responsibilities
- A PhD in an Agricultural Engineering or related field.
- An MSc. in Agricultural Engineering, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- A BSc (Hons) in Agricultural Engineering with a strong documented engineering background recognised by (The Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers or related bodies).
- At least five years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level and/or industry.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student lab work, and conducting and publishing their own research work.
- Ability to spearhead novel technologies for improved efficiency of water and energy use, water-saving irrigation technologies, renewable energy supply systems, mechanization and postharvest processes.
- A traceable track record of conducting relevant research and publishing in reputable, peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to mobilise resources through writing research and grant proposals independently.
- Ability to work as a team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Demonstrated record of academic leadership that will contribute to invigorating departmental instruction, curricular innovation, and increased Departmental research productivity in line with the Education 5.0 thrust in Higher Education Train-ing.
How To Apply
Applications together with copies of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their email, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 1 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.