Sociology And Social Anthropology
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned posts that have arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching, Research, Community Service, Innovation and Industrialisation
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate must hold a PhD in Sociology, Anthropology, Peace Studies or related discipline, a Masters Degree in a related field and a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Sociology or Social Anthropology and should have experience in teaching and supervising students.
- Applicants who can show some progress towards acquiring a relevant Doctoral Degree may be considered.
- Successful applicants must be able to teach at least two of the following modules: Sociology of Development, Sociology of Mass Communication, Social Theory, Introduction to Sociology, Sociology of Organisations, Gender Studies, Introduction to Peace and Security, Human Security and Development and Social Institutions.
- Teaching experience at tertiary or University level is mandatory.
- The candidate should also have a good record of research and publication. Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in Higher and Tertiary Education will be an added advantage.
- Successful applicants without a Postgraduate Diploma in Higher and Tertiary Education will be required to obtain the same within the first three (3) years of appointment.
How to Apply
To apply, visit careers on the Great Zimbabwe University website: http://elearning.gzu.ac.zw/careers/ Applicants are urged to fill in all the necessary fields on the application platform and attach the required documents.
Deadline: 07 January 2023.