Advertisement For Appointment As Full-time Academic Staff
UZ-PAMUST College Programmes
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the positions of Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor that have arisen at the University of Zimbabwe Pan African Minerals University of Science and Technology College (UZ-PAMUST College) in Harare, Zimbabwe. The UZ-PAMUST College has the mandate to deliver academic programmes and research at postgraduate level in disciplines focused on Mining, Mineral Sciences and Technologies impacting positively on African’s development. In accordance with the dictates of Zimbabwe’s Heritage-based Education 5.0, successful candidates will be expected to lead teaching and learning of various MSc
Programmes on offer, conduct research, innovate and champion commercialization of goods and services arising from their work with the University. Successful candidates will also be expected to supervise higher degree theses (MPhil and PhD/DPhil) in priority development areas for Africa, including Zimbabwe. Applicants should have a PhD/DPhil and traceable academic/practical experience in the relevant area of expertise. MSc/MPhil Degree holders possessing unique field/practical skills and experience in the relevant fields with evidence of desired outputs may be considered.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Job Related
Qualifications And Experience
- A good first degree in in Geosciences and Master’s or PhD degree required.
- Candidate should be able to teach microscopy and mineral separation related courses in addition to research.
- The incumbent should have knowledge, skill and abilities that include procedures and techniques used in a microscopy laboratory, mineral separation procedures, knowledge of chemistry and minerals, ability to operate and maintain microscopes, ability to perform tasks requiring a high degree of manual dexterity.
- Ability to adapt to new procedures concerning work in the microscope laboratory, ability to develop, enlarge, and process micrographs.
- Familiarity with thin section making, electron microprobe or atom probe tomography analysis of individual grains as well as whole rock chemical analysis by atomic absorption, X-ray fluorescence, and laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction and microscopic fluid inclusions within mineral grains knowledge is a distinct advantage
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
Deputy Registrar Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
The University of Zimbabwe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore men and women are encouraged to apply. Visit our website on www.uz.ac.zw.