Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned post that has arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching, Research, Community Service, Innovation and Industrialisation
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must hold at least a doctoral degree in Accounting or equivalent, a Masters degree in Accounting or equivalent and a relevant first degree with at least 2.1-degree classification.Applicants who can show some progress towards acquiring a relevant Doctoral Degree may be considered.
- Membership of an accounting professional body would be an added advantage.
- Successful applicants must be able to teach at least four of the following modules: Commercial Law, Financial Accounting 1A, Business Communication and Information Technology, Financial Accounting 1B, Quantitative Analysis for Business, Audit Skills, Financial Accounting 11A, Company Law, Corporate Finance, Management and Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting 11B, Audit Process, Taxation, Practical Accounting Data Processing (applicant must be a certified accounting package user/ trainer), Business Research Methods, Corporate Governance and Ethics, Theory and Practice, Financial Reporting, Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, Strategic Management Accounting, Advanced Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Advanced Auditing, Advanced Taxation, Research Methods, Auditing in a Computerised Environment and Group Financial Accounting.
- Teaching experience at tertiary level is mandatory.
- Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in Higher and Tertiary Education will be an added advantage.
- Successful applicants without Postgraduate Diploma in Higher and Tertiary Education will be required to obtain the same within the first three (3) years of appointment.
How to Apply
To apply, visit careers on the Great Zimbabwe University website: http://elearning.gzu.ac.zw/careers/ Applicants are urged to fill in all the necessary fields on the application platform and attach the required documents.
Deadline: 07 January 2023.