Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post:
1.0 QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT
Duties And Responsibilities
- Developing the University’s pedagogical approaches, learning and assessment models methodologies, activities and collaborative learning opportunities in a supported online environment
- Supporting academic tutors and subject experts to develop new media production briefs; (video, audio, graphics, interactive content) providing recommendations on appropriate technologies and learning design
- Acting as an advocate for hybrid learning technologies and approaches with staff and students
- Leading the module development process on the virtual learning environment (VLE:Moodle)
- Developing interactive curricula and content to bridge predetermined knowledge gaps
- Guiding lecturers in the development of learning outcomes of the various degree and diploma programmes and modules
- Formulating curricula outlines that address identified skills deficits
- Writing, editing and structuring course content to enhance students’ learning and retention
- Devising apt formative and summative assessments aligned to learning outcomes.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants should have a degree in Educational Technology/Instructional Design/ Educational Psychology or equivalent, a demonstrable experience as a learning designer, instructional designer or curriculum developer, ability to use applications such as Moodle, Solid knowledge of contemporary educational strategies, teaching and technical skills as well as creative problem solving.
- Working experience in a vocational environment will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Details on salary, allowances and other benefits will be made available to short-listed candidates. Application letters, certified copies of certificates and C.Vs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names of at least three (3) referees should be uploaded on: https://www.hit.ac.zw/vacancies/ in a single PDF file or firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Harare Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer