Applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons are invited for the vacant position of Leading Fireman.
REPORTS TO: THE TOWN ENGINEER
Duties And Responsibilities
- Compile a comprehensive report on the section workings and submit to the Town Engineer as and when required
- Supervise and plan for Fire and Ambulance section activities • Plan for and supervise drills on weekly basis
- Organise and supervise Fireman at accident scenes and in his absence appoint a group leader
- To command at scenes of accidents
- Organise and supervise continual development of manpower within fire and ambulance section
- Advise Council on emergency risks, planning and regulations Implementation and formulation of emergency by-laws
- Any other relevant duties as may be determined by Head of Department from time to time
- Monitor and supervise usage of Emergency appliances and equipment.
Qualifications And Experience
- 5 '0 Levels including English Language and Science
- Institute of Fireman Engineers Level 3 or better Certificate of Emergency Medical Training Class 2 driver's licence Valid Defensive Driver's Licence
- Minimum 10 years working experience as a Fire Fighter 5 years working experi!nce in an Emergency Department at a supervisory role Any additional professional qualifications will be an added advantage Proven knowledge in Incident Command.
Council offers attractive remuneration packages. Details will be made available to the shortlisted candidates.
Applications together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae should be forwarded to reach the undersigned by 24th March 2022.
P. NKALA TOWN CLERK MUNICIPALITY OF GWANDA
P. O. BOX 70