The Laundry and Housekeeping Supervisor is charged with ensuring a conducive environment of care for patients and work environment for co-workers by actively ensuring the Hospital laundry and cleaning equipment, general environment and linen are in conducive state at all times.
Duties And Responsibilities
Leading the Organization’s Housekeeping functions in accordance to the Hospital’s IPC Manual and Policy:
- Carry out morning rounds on daily basis to ensure the hospital is always in conducive environment.
- Maintain Proper and Timely Linen Flow to the Wards, OPD, Operating Rooms (Theatre) and all other Designated Areas as per schedule after morning rounds.
- Designs, Monitors and Manages Maintenance and housekeeping Schedule/Roster.
- Ensures Proper Storage, Issuance, Use/Upkeep and Management of all housekeeping and Maintenance-Related Tools and Assets attached to the Hospital
- Ensure Proper Inventory Management of Allocated Cleaning Materials, Equipment and Apparatus.
- Ensure Timely and Proper Stocking of Supplies related to Housekeeping (Sundries, Toiletries, Cleaning Agents, Air Fresheners) to the Offices, Washrooms and Wards
- Ensure and Maintain Proper and Professional Laundry Functions i.e., Collection, Receipt, Sorting (according to Fiber, Color and Soiled Conditions), Decontamination, Stain Removal, Washing, Drying, Ironing, Folding, Storage and Delivery/Supply to Designated Areas
- Maintain Cleaning and laundry Reports that can be used to evaluate Continuous Improvement Processes for the Department
- Maintaining a Scheduled Cleaning Roster in the hospital
- Research on Proper and Adequate Linen Cleaning Chemicals, and make Recommendations to Management.
- Carry out rounds to ensure the assigned duties have been carried out and come up with an action plan on areas of concern.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Qualifications And Experience
- Any Relevant Diploma/Degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in supervisory level.
How To Apply
All applications to be saved with name and position the candidate is applying for
Send Applications to : firstname.lastname@example.org