The job holder is charged with the responsibility of providing labour market information in the Division.
Reporting to: Director Demography and Social Statistics.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing a comprehensive departmental work plan in line with the divisions' annual plan and manage its implementation
- Planning, budgeting, monitoring and coordination of activities in the department.
- Designing survey instruments.
- Coordinating and supervising data collection, processing, analysis and dissemination results.
- Providing statistics or information to contribute in national programmes and projects
- Drafting and updating techno-scripts and manuals on methodology relating to censuses and surveys
- Compiling surveys reports
- Staff mentoring, supervision and performance appraisals
Qualifications and Attributes
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent.
- A Master's Degree in the relevant field is a must.
- Have at least 5 years working experience as an economist/statistician
- Excellent computer skills including use of Statistical packages and Microsoft Office
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Must be a good team leader
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications, clearly stating the position they are applying for to:
The Director Human Resource
Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency(ZIMSTAT)
18th Floor, Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY 342 Causeway, Harare
apply on email: firstname.lastname@example.org