Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above vacancy that have arisen at Bindura University of Science Education.
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL SCIENCE
Duties And Responsibilities
- Operation of laboratory analytical equipment (atomic absorption spectrometer (AAS), Ultraviolet (UV) spectrometer, Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), Gas chromatograph (GC), Kjeldal apparatus and High performance liquid chromatograph (HPLC);
- Providing general laboratory maintenance;
- Collection of samples in the field for researches and practicals by the Department;
- Maintenance of appropriate levels of inventory and laboratory chemical storages;
- Demonstration of student practicals;
- Supervision of laboratory Assistants, Laboratory hands and Messengers;
- Procurement of laboratory equipment and consumables;
- Organization of student field trips and industrials visits;
- Installation and Calibration of laboratory equipment;
- Preparation of reagents and standards;
- Designing practical schedules for all laboratory practicals in relation to availability of chemicals and equipment.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants should have at least a Diploma in Applied Chemistry, Biology or its equivalent;
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Science.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.