The above-mentioned vacancy has arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care under the Global Fund HIV, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria grants. Applications are therefore being invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post. Reports to Chief Medical Laboratory Scientist
Responsible and accountable for delivery of high quality Covid-19 laboratory services at NMRL. The incumbent will be responsible for timeous processing of Covid-19 samples at the reference laboratory as well as ensuring all quality indicators are within limit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles samples and perform analyses according to SOPs.
- Maintains records of all quality activities as documented in SOPs and test methods.
- Maintains and calibrating equipment , reports deficiencies or malfunction to the supervisor.
- Identifies and records nonconformities on Corrective Action Requests.
- Improves laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis.
- Implements QMS as defined by the system.
- Performs all duties delegated by HOD.
Qualifications and Experience
- HBMLS or Equivalent from a reputable University.
- At least 3 years post graduate experience.
- Experience with PCR diagnostic and monitoring tests is an added advantage.
- Ability to interface with clinical facilities to troubleshoot and institute corrective actions for out of range indicators.
- Computer competence with spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications.
- Must be registered with Medical Laboratory Clinical Scientist Council of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates to:
The Secretary for Health and Child Care
1st Floor Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon V Muzenda Street/Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY1122
Deadline: 10 February 2023