Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above-mentioned post. The incumbent will be reporting to the Cook and will be based at the Mt Hampden Technical Training Centre. The position is responsible for assisting the Cook, ensuring all kitchen equipment and utensils are clean and stored correctly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out basic cleaning tasks as fast as possible.
- Collect and wash pots and pans.
- Clean crockery and cutlery ensuring food preparation areas are clean and ready.
- Unload equipment and food items from delivery vehicles.
- Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and end of shifts.
- Be ready to clean up to avoid hindering operations.
- Take out garbage and maintain the bin area.
- Help with food preparation routines such as washing, chopping as well as peeling vegetables and fruits when needed.
- Providing and supporting an outstanding dining experience.
- Recognising dissatisfaction and dealing with complaints speedily.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 ‘O’ levels including English language.
- Certificate in housekeeping from a reputable organisation or Tourism and Hospitality Management certificate or equivalent.
- At least (1) year proven history in Catering operations will be an added advantage.
Competences and skills:
- Proven experience as prep cook.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Very good physical condition and endurance.
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the above stated requirements should submit a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of proof of qualifications, clearly headed “Office Assistant” to:
The Human Resource
CMED Private Limited
Cnr. H. Chitepo/R. Tangwena
P Bag 7719,
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28 February 2023