Delivers quality education to learners from grade 0 and to grade 1. This role is a fixed term position based at Hermann Gmeiner Group of Schools Kindergarten Bulawayo.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class;
- Prepares the schemes of work, lesson plans and teaching media to guide and facilitate the teaching/learning processes.
- Marks the learners’ written exercises and tests assigned to the learners to assess the learner’s performance and progress.
- Offers remedial and extension work to learners with different learning styles and levels.
- Provides counselling services to the learners in his/her class.
- Maintains the class inventory of furniture, textbooks and other teaching-learning materials.
- Responsible for profiling learners; and l draws the class timetable in consultation with the Teacher in Charge.
- Delivers lessons, facilitates class discussions and activities, assigns oral, written exercises, practical activities and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching/learning processes.
- Assesses the learners’ performance in academic, practical, sporting and other activities.
- Prepares, maintains and updates various teaching records including the class register.
- Promotes learner discipline.
- Participates in co-curricular activities through coaching and supervising the learners.
- Initiates and develops a classroom disaster risk management plan.
- Liaises and Interacts with the parents/guardians on issues concerning the learner.
Qualifications And Experience
- A least 5 ‘O’ Levels including Maths and English;
- At least a Diploma in ECD with 5 years’ experience;
- A Degree in Early Childhood Development or related is an added advantage.
- Computer Literate and able to facilitate virtual learning
- Organized and good Team Player
- Good written and Verbal communication Skills.
How To Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position and location you are applying for in the subject line. All applications should be submitted not later than 20 March 2022. Please note that applications will be screened as they come in and suitable candidates will be shortlisted for selection process.
Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to value congruence and background checks, police clearance and reference checks.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: