Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of RESEARCHER which has arisen within the Judicial Service Commission. The Commission is a dynamic organization that comprises of competent and professional staff. The incumbent will be stationed at the Judicial Service Commission-Secretariat.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
The Researcher will assist the Head of the Judicial Training Institute of Zimbabwe (JTIZ) to:
- Conduct research on legal issues relating to the Judicial Service Commission's operations and prepares written opinions, working papers and reports
- Undertake extensive review of legal documents, instruments and other material identified issues and advise on appropriate course of action
- Draft legal documents such as contracts, agreements, opinions and briefs and prepares memoranda, letters and other documents
- Write legal briefs that present arguments based on research findings;
- Present the department on committees and at meetings, conferences and workshops
- Maintain a database of legal research materials for use by Judges and other members of the legal profession in the Judicial Service Commission
- Conduct preliminary research to identify relevant issues and establish a framework for further research
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Judicial Training Institute of Zimbabwe.
Competence And Skills For The Post:
The person must possess:
- A law degree of a good class preferably 2.1 or better from a recognized University
- At least 3 years proven experience in the legal research
- Post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in the use of Computers
- Good command of written and spoken English.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitaes and certified copies of certificates to The Secretary to the Judicial Service Commission, JSC House, No.161 Josiah Chinarnano Avenue, Corner Josiah Chinamano Avenue and Seventh Street, Harare or alternatively post to
The Secretary to the Judicial Service Commission,
P.O. Box CY 28 Causeway,
NB: Only Short Listed Candidates Meeting The Above Requirements Will Be Contacted.