Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of IT SECURITY, CYBER PROTECTION AND INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST which has arisen within the Judicial Service Commission. The Commission is a dynamic organization that comprises of competent and professional staff. The incumbents will be sthtioned at the Judicial Service Commission-Secretariat.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
The IT Security, Cyber Protection and Infrastructure Specialist will assist the Head of IT and Records Management to:
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protection of the organization's data, systems, and networks
- Troubleshoot security and network problems
- Respond to all system and/or network security breaches
- Ensure that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls
- Research/investigates emerging infrastructure security topics, threats, capabilities and solution options to create/update policy and governance, technology strategies, solution architecture, and vulnerability assessments
- Participate in the change management process
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities
- Administer tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
Competence And Skills For The Post
The person must possess:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification
- Minimum of 3 years' of experience in a similar position;
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX, and Endpoint Security
- An ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills;
- Advanced knowledge of security frameworks and risk management
- Experience with implementing and maintaining detection systems, firewalls, and prevention systems
- Knowledge of cryptographic and key infrastructure protocols
- Knowledge of digital certificates, SSL, VPN, TCP/IP, DNS, web security architecture;
- Relevant Information Security certification (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CISCO) is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitaes and certified copies of certificates to The Secretary to the Judicial Service Commission, JSC House, No.161 Josiah Chinamano Avenue, Corner Josiah Chinamano Avenue and Seventh Street, Harare or alternatively post to
The Secretary to the Judicial Service Commission
P.O. Box CY 28
Deadline for submission of applications is close of business on Friday 25 March 2022.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONTACTED.