These jobs will be based in Harare and Masvingo and job holders will report to the Head of Field Office and/or ICT Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
- Job holders will deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT/ digital services.
- The incumbent will support CO and FOs with the technical operations and ongoing support and scale up of Digital solutions, specifically SCOPE, in the field.
- S/he will provide operational support including user support and training, catering for continuity of existing operations but also scale up and deployment of new operations, as well as supporting change management and providing ongoing monitoring of technical aspects of operations.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Support the budgeting, planning and deployment of IT and Telecommunications systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
- Provide support to maintain IT and Telecommunications systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
- Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
- Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field is a distinct advantage.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and the local languages in the duty station
- Experience: Four or more years of professional experience relevant field.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
- Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
- Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=165943&_ga=2.8457585.574058867.1654153238-2048586132.1650954712