The Business Engagement Associate’s focus is to support the Head of ICT and the Digital and Data Services Lead with digital transformation opportunities where the ICT Unit can help improve the effectiveness of the operation and programmatic response. Specifically, the Business Engagement Associate will provide support across various business areas to help shape the demand for technology and the use of data for decision making by business teams and ensure alignment to the business needs and country strategic plan .
The job holder will support data management by ensuring that the Country Office has the right tools and capabilities to undertake activities around data, including collection, cleansing, reporting, visualization, and analytics, through engagement with the business as well as leveraging Field TEC Services (FTS).
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support the engagement with CO business units and key stakeholders to identify requirements, high-level design, and deployment of digital services, solutions and systems.
- Conduct business analysis to document and guide the decisions on solution’s modality, i.e., reuse, buy or build.
- Liaise with colleagues in HQ and RBs to solicit inputs and advice in line with the Field Software Development Network.
- Work closely with data owners, and stakeholder to identify data pain points and data visualization needs for country operations, by carrying out data mapping assessments to identify local demand.
- Coordinate the rollout and adoption of DOTS (WFP’s Data Integration Solution), Tableau as the corporate business intelligence and data visualization solution, and the MoDA mobile data collection platform for several identified use cases.
- Understand new technology trends, forecast future requirements and help to guide business strategies to include a digital dimension.
- Support the CO in the delivery of Digital Advisory and Support Services, providing operational assistance, user support and training, change requests and performance monitoring.
- Support the delivery of efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable food assistance programmes, in line with WFP’s strategy in general.
- Contribute to the capability building of staff through supporting appropriate training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and digital solutions.
- Report progress and issues to the Head of IT in the Country Office.
- Other activities as required.
Key Deliverables for this contract
- IT Services standardized and delivered within the area office.
- IT roadmap of digital solutions implemented in line with the Country Office strategy, outlining objectives and future capabilities, and the capacity/activities required for implementation based on the gaps between the baseline and roadmap objectives
- Monthly data literacy activities carried out in the CO and as part of the operational requirements
- Heads of Units supported in the development of regional data strategies, and their alignment with the broader organizational vision around data
- Capacity building through training of the support team in line with the Operational needs.
Qualifications And Experience
- Education: Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary Diploma or degree in Computer Science, Information Systems. is a distinct advantage.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Shona/ Ndebele.
- At least Five years being responsible for professional experience and/or business systems analysis, design and development.
- Relevant progressive work experience in information management, information systems, web management, data management, GIS mapping, data visualization or project management is required.
- Must have developed business cases that capture project life-cycle costs, benefits, and risks for the purchase of IT service or equipment.
- Have ground-level experience leading the implementation of IT, networks and telecoms systems.
Specific Job Requirements
- General management skills in business, and/or humanitarian and public sector contexts.
- Excellent business communications skills.
- Training and knowledge of business analysis.
- Ability to think strategically and create points-of-view, propositions and solutions to help clients gain value and solve complex.
- Creative thinking and conceptualizing of technology-based solutions.
- Ability to operate in distributed / decentralized teams, engage with and support partners
- Ability to perform under pressure, to multi-task, to navigate through multiple priorities and conflicting requests
- Proven experience working in a busy analytical environment and handling complex analysis.
- Experience working with teams and team processes. The candidate must demonstrate strong data analysis skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethic environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive report writing skills.