Applications are invited from a suitably qualified, experienced and ambitious individual to fill the above mentioned position that has arisen within a Financial Services Group. The incumbent must have entry level background in the audit field. The incumbent will be responsible for:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting in various Information Technology engagements to validate governance, risk, compliance requirements, account management, change control, IT policies and procedures, logging and monitoring, antivirus, firewalls and patch management.
- Performing IT penetration testing reviews, application security reviews and vulnerability assessments.
- Ascertaining the reliability of IT systems and ensuring that all computerised systems comply with the statutory regulations, accepted accounting principles, adequate financial controls and established company plans and procedures.
- Encouraging controls in developing information systems that generate reports of irregularities to management and deter fraud.
- Reviewing and appraising the effectiveness, efficiency and application of financial operating controls and establish the extent to which the company assets are accounted and safeguarded from losses.
- Obtaining and analysing evidentiary data through interaction with auditee and preparing work papers for each area audited.
- Identifying control concerns and communicating to management in both formal and informal setting, suggesting methods for resolving weaknesses.
- Participating in system development projects under the supervision of the Senior IT Auditor and providing technical assistance to audit staff members.
- Degree in Management of Information systems, Cyber security or professional qualifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) / Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) / Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) / Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) / Certified Information Systems Auditor (CIS).
- A minimum of one-year experience in the auditing field.
How To Apply
Interested and suitably qualified applicants must submit their applications via e-mail to email@example.com clearly marked IT AUDITOR.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.