Global Tech Human Capital Corporation has been appointed by The Zimbabwe National Water Authority (ZINWA) to recruit and identify an Irrigation and Rural Development Director to promote and ensure adequate food and nutrition security in line with the Presidential Rural Development Scheme. Applications are, therefore, invited from suitably qualified, mature, honest and substantially experienced persons for appointment to the above challenging position which has arisen in the Authority. The incumbent will be based at Head Office, Harare and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
To be the point person in attaining 350 000 hectares of land under irrigation and 35 000 boreholes in the whole country.
- Providing leadership to the Irrigation and Rural Development department of the Authority.
- Formulating and implementing sound and effective irrigation and rural development strategies in line with the national vision.
- Driving the national borehole drilling program in rural areas across the country for the Presidential Rural Development Scheme.
- Driving the efficient utilization of water resources developed and being developed by government to climate-proof agriculture.
- Co-ordinating national Irrigation & Rural Development Projects in liaison with the parent Ministry and relevant GovernmentAgencies to ensure successful planning, implementation and sustainability of these projects.
- Superintending over the provision of technical support to famers on rural irrigation projects.
- Spearheading the resuscitation of current irrigation schemes and community horticulture schemes.
- Spearheading the setting up of village-based water point communities to carry out simple borehole and irrigation canals maintenance.
- Superintending over the capacity building of technical staff manning the irrigation & rural development projects.
- Providing technical support in the maintenance of boreholes and water supply systems for the Presidential Rural Development Scheme.
- Monitoring the implementation or Irrigation and Rural Development strategies in line with Authority procedures and systems.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- A relevant Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of ten years post qualification experience in Water Resources management, Civil Engineering or related fields (five of which must have been at managerial level).
- Strong interpersonal skills, people management skills and excellent leadership qualities.
- Strong skills to coordinate various activities involving interested stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate technical competence and attributes necessary to execute the Irrigation and Rural Development Programs.
- Results-oriented, innovative, analytical and an excellent team player with proven record of performance.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work with minimum supervision.
Interested candidates must send their applications and curriculum vitaes to:
The Managing Director
"Irrigation and Rural Development Director Post"
Global Tech Human Capital Corporation
288 Herbert Chitepo Ave
Closing date on or before Friday 4 March 2022.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.