Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) is inviting suitably qualified person to fill the following vacant positions that have arisen. (ZIMSEC is an internationally accredited Examinations Board responsible for educational assessment at primary and secondary school level in Zimbabwe).
- Reporting to Internal Audit Manager, the position holder will be responsible for carrying out risk based audits and will also carry out special audits. The position will require the incumbent to also provide advice to auditees on governance issues and risk mitigation.
Required Skills and Competences
- • Strong communication skills, both written and verbal,
- • Ability to use own initiative and adapt to change,
- • Analytical and objective thinking, pay attention to detail and sound judgment,
- • Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team,
- • Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity and confidentiality,
- • Possess IT skills
- • Ability to work under pressure.
Duties and responsibilities of an Internal Auditor
- • Researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording the results;
- • Performing risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to assist in the development of the annual audit plan;
- • Attend meetings with Divisional heads auditees to develop an understanding of business activities and processes;
- • Carrying out audits in accordance with auditing standards, best practice and accounting standards (IFRS);
- • Preparing draft reports to highlight problem issues, associated risks and possible recommendations and discuss the reports with relevant auditees;
- Agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations and assist in the preparation of draft reports;
- • Follow-up on significant findings from previous audits
- Reviw internal administrative and accounting controls to safeguard resources and ensure compliance with relavant laws, regulations and policies of theCouncil;
- • Investigate occurrences of fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste and recommend controls to prevent or detect such occurrences;
- • Carrying out value for money audits
- • Observing stock takes and asset checks and counts and producing draft reports,
- • Other duties as assigned by the Internal Audit Manager as well as the Head of Internal Audit.
Qalifications and Experience:
- A degree in Auditing, Accounting or any other relevant qualification
- A professional qualification or studying towards
- At least one-year auditing experience.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applicationS and Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) contactable referees. Applications are to be submitted online on the goggle application form accessible on the ZIMSEC website metairammxty C date' for applications is 31 March 2022.
Aplications should be addressed to:
Assistant Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC)
Head Office Examination Centre
Upper East Road, Mount Pleasant
P. O. BOX CY1464, Causeway
NB. ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Counci of its employees as a way of securing employment,