The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) is a statutory body mandated to ensure the provision of a level playing field for safe, reliable and sustainable energy supply through effective regulation. ZERA seeks the services of a highly competent, professional and results oriented individual who is able to take the organisation to a higher level in the above role.
Reporting to the HEAD INTERNAL AUDIT,
Duties And Responsibilities
- Creating audit engagement plans in line with the scheduling done by the supervisor.
- Reviewing operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluating client relations in order to determine and recommend nature, scope, direction and thrust of proposed audit engagements
- Performing and controlling the full audit cycle including risk management and control effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations Conducting follow up audits to monitors management's interventions
- Engaging in continuous knowledge development regarding sector's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Identifying opportunities to utilise computer assisted audit techniques;
- Ensuring that audit results (i.e; report) clearly communicates the identified business risks/exposures and their identified root cause(s)
- Performing work in adherence to the internal audit charter, job description and internal auditing standards Key Job Requirements:
Qualifications And Experince
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting & Auditing/Business
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification is a must
- Certified Information Systems Auditor is an advantage
- At least 5 years experience in auditing, proven experience in performing internal audits is a must
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- PC skills, Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Microsoft Project, Vision flow charting
- Experience in using ACL data analysis software and TeamMate
- Experience with an audit from and knowledge of IT auditing is an advantage
How To Apply
Application Procedure Prospective candidates for this position should email their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 08 October 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. Female candidates are encouraged to apply