Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Internal Auditor.
The incumbent reports to the Town Clerk
Duties And Responsibilities
- Determining internal audit scope and developing risk-based annual audit plans, Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations,
- Performing follow-up procedures to monitor timely implementation of management's corrective actions
- Conducting special investigations when the need arises. Preparing clear, concise, accurate, detailed internal audit reports which are supported by appropriate audit evidence.
- Managing audits within time and budget allocations to ensure timely use of resources,
- Examine and evaluate the effectiveness and application of risk assessment methodologies and risk management procedures.
Qualifications And Experience
- A University Degree in Internal Auditing orAccounting.
- Possession of a relevant professional qualification CIA, ACCA, CIS is an added advantage
- Must be a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors or other relevant professional body
- At least 5 years of proven working experience in internal auditing.
- Excellent communication skills including oral communication, report writing, and presentation skills. Knowledge in enterprise risk management (i.e., risk analysis and control assessment)
- Ability to promote the value of internal audit among key employees within the organization Knowledge in auditing, internal audit standards, fraud awareness, and professional ethical standards.
- Problem-solving skills (i.e, conceptual, analytical thinking and evaluation skills)
How To Apply
Interested candidates to send application letters, copy certificates and detailed CVs to the Acting Town Clerk by not later than 09 October 2022.
565 Thurlows Avenue
Box 15 BINDURA
K. Chinowaita: Acting Town Clerk