Applications are invited from mature, suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the above position that has arisen within City of Kwekwe in the Town Clerk's department.
The position reports to the Audit Manager and is responsible for safeguarding council assets through reviewing internal controls in line with best practices, operating procedures and sound systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safeguarding council assets through cash count audits and spot checks on all council cash collecting points.
- Advises on appropriate internal controls.
- Checks for the existence, valuation and ownership of council assets.
- Responsible for systems audits through establishing steps involved.
- Carries out substantive tests for all documents for accuracy, recording and authorization.
- Reviews internal controls for compliance and carries out special investigations.
- Preparation of Audit reports, working papers and make recommendations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Internal Auditing /Accountancy degree from a recognized university Full CIS, ClA or CIMA is also acceptable.
- Membership to the Institute of Internal Auditors is a must.
- A Masters Degree in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in a local government setup.
How to Apply
Applications in own handwriting accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications should reach the undersigned:
City Of Kwekwe
P.O. Box 115
Dr .L. Mkandhla Town Clerk
Deadline: 31 March 2023