An exciting opportunity for the position of Internal Audit Manager has arisen for a suitably qualified experienced person at Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Private) Limited, a big local and international high quality and durable timber based solutions for both industrial and end user markets
Duties And Responsibilities
- Establish an internal audit function and carry out risk-based internal audits in accordance with best practice (International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards/IPPF).
- Role will report to the Board of Directors through the Audit Committee.
- Develop the Annual Risk based Internal Audit Plan for execution and for approval by the Audit Committee.
- Define audit objectives and prepare plans to execute the audits.
- Undertake internal audit reviews of operations, compliance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing activities of the business in accordance with the plan.
- Review the financial systems and report on compliance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (IFRS) and practices.
- Evaluate and provide assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the achievement of organisation's objectives and goals.
- Dealing with Digital transformation and evaluating cyber security risks.
- Evaluating the business preparedness against business interruption and identifying ways in which the business can deliver better value for money and service.
- Shares information and coordinate activities with other internal and external providers of relevant assurance and consulting services to ensure proper coverage and minimize duplication of efforts.
- Provide support to the company's anti-fraud programs.
- Carry out special audits and Investigations at the request of the Board of Directors, Audit Committee or management.
- Develop training calendar and facilitate required staff training in specific subject matter areas to add value to internal systems and processes on pertinent issues affecting the business.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Risk Management, Accounting, Finance, and Internal Audit
- A qualification and membership of professional institutions such as CIA, CFE, CGI Zimbabwe (formerly ICSAZ), ACCA, ICAZ or CPA would be an added advantage.
- A team player-able to identify and rectify skills gaps and recommend suitable interventions
- Excellent presentation skills are highly competent in use of the MS Office
- Highly analytical, with a flair for statistics
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Analytical and good at problem solving
- Able to perform under pressure and work to strict deadlines
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity
- Knowledge of Audit Software (Idea or ACL) and Auditing through the computer technics.
- Three years or more senior level experience in corporate or timber sector, with progressive responsibilities.
How To Apply
A remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications and qualifications should apply in writing, attaching detailed resumes with 3 traceable referees no later than 14 September 2022 to: email:
firstname.lastname@example.org the attention of:
The Human Resources Manager
Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd
125A Borgward Road