As Internal Audit Assistant, you will be responsible for the following activities :
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist to validate application of procedures, their adequacy, separation of duties through regular reviews, checks and controls
- Assist in the implementation and execution of the Internal Audit plan
- Assist to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Follow up on audit recommendations and track closure actions.
- Assist with the coordination of internal control functions, systems, and procedures
- Follow up fraudulent activities and recommend measures to close gaps, loopholes, and system weaknesses
- Assist to assess, advise, and monitor efficient use of the subsidiary’s resources and assets
- Assist in conducting risk assessments, proposing control and mitigation measures
- Interfacing with external auditors: group and other auditors – under guidance of the Internal Auditor
- Carry out any other internal audit related assignments or investigations as maybe delegated by the Internal Auditor or Managing Director
Context and environment
- Zimbabwe is going through time of extraordinary socio-economic and political changes.
- The scarcity of hard currency is strongly affecting industry and the overall energy market and will remain a challenge for some years.
- Considering the low throughput in the stations, dealers are meeting challenges in covering expenses increasing the risks of non-compliance with procedures, labour laws and regulatory policies.
- The Internal Audit function remains focused on ways to control and mitigate the widespread business risks through the following efforts:
Special attention required on stock control in an environment where fuel is of high value.
Efficient controls required in a growingly risky and competitive business environment.
Alertness to fraudulent revelations and expeditious responsiveness required in dealing with complex situations
Complex environment with demanding strict compliance requirements on Ethics, Due Diligence, and Integrity.
Qualifications And Experience
- As an Internal Audit Assistant, ideally you will possess the following :
- General understanding of the internal audit process
- Good knowledge about the main audit functions, procedures, and SAP System
- Accounting / Business degree, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience and a good understanding internal audit activity
- Basic auditing knowledge and able to make follow-ups
- Must be computer literate, a self-starter with good organizational and communication skills
- Impartial, strict, honest, confidential, independent, and professional