1. Work closely with the programme officers to write edit and distribute content including publications, press releases, web content, annual reports, speeches and other marketing material that communicates the organisations activities and services
2. Facilitate media interviews and tours of project sites
3. Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media data base
4. Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organisation and coordinate public events as required
5. Maintain records of media coverage
6. Editing and following up human interest stories.
7. In consultation with relevant program managers take part in surveys and other knowledge management activities.
8. Facilitate designing, printing and production of IEC materials.
9. Any other duties assigned from time to time
Qualifications and experience:
a. Diploma or Degree in Journalism/Media/Social Sciences or related field
b. Computer skills including management of website.
c. Familiar in advocacy, lobby and production of IEC materials including news
d. Excellent writing skills
- To apply email Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com and copying firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
- In the subject line, please state the title of the position you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply Sunday 20 February 2022.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
FCTZ IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER