The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance electronic Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the vacant post shown above that have arisen within the University.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Creating an effective innovation and technology transfer support system including organising colloquia for staff and students.
- Developing and coordinating effective innovation and technology transfer between Schools and Institute.
- Developing capacity of intellectual work among staff and students.
- Assisting researchers to engage in research that leads to inventions and innovations.
- Leading the development and implementation of research and development that reflects the University’s strategic vision.
- Developing internal systems for the exploitation of intellectual work and registration of Intellectual Property rights and Patents by staff.
- Developing and managing linkages between the University and external partners so as to promote mutually beneficial technology transfer with industry and commerce.
- Advising the University on matters regarding innovation and technology transfer to enable the University to benefit from student and staff innovative research.
- Developing a framework for intellectual property protection and development.
- Monitoring copyrights and trademarks of innovations and technology created by both students and staff.
- Performing any other duties as may be delegated to you.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Scientific Research from a recognised University;
- MSc in Intellectual Property will be an added advantage; and
- Two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: the application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
- In PDF format as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As hard copies which consist of Ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents.
All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
NB: Those who submit their applications online will be required to bring their original documents for verification upon invitation for interview.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to
Corner House Cnr S.Machel/